Thursday, November 29, 2012

"the DISGUSTING ART of DISGUSTING COMICS!"



This one's for Owen ... possible the only person demented enough to enjoy this (besides myself, natch!)

OK, everybody this one's special ... Some of you out there are familiar with Myron Fass and his EERIE PUBLICATIONS, and the lunatic mayhem they unleashed on an unwitting public of youngsters beginning in the 60's. Those of you who are not can catch up really quick with the landmark book "the Weird Word of EERIE PUBLICATIONS" by: Mike Howlett, required reading for all students of the Freedom School. What we have here is a very rare comic magazine in which Fass targets youth's twisted LCD with art by Ken Lanfgraf and Ed Miller ... They go for gross-outs in such bizarre, last-minute, night-before-it-goes-to-press ways that I can honestly say I've never seen ANYTHING like it. "DISGUSTING COMICS: FATSO FANNY" makes "CRACKED MAGAZINE" look like ... I dunno, John Ficarra-era MAD? You get what I mean ...

I'll let these works speak for themselves, but I'd like to add that NO comic ever made me feel as GROSS ... as DISGUSTING COMICS!















Nothin' says "Kid's Mag" more than stills from MANIAC with terrible gags added on ... !











Barrrrfffff ......

-Mike Hunchback

No comments:

Post a Comment